AIDS 2018 offers childcare service for children between the ages of 10 weeks and 12 years. The childcare room is located within the conference venue. The childcare services will be provided by Tante Marloes, who works with certificated and experienced English-speaking nannies. The number of nannies will follow the Dutch Childcare Law ratio.
The childcare service itself is provided at no cost for registered AIDS 2018 conference delegates. However, the child has to be registered as an accompanying child at the applicable registration fee and in accordance with the registration terms and conditions.
The childcare booking form was available until 6 July 2018. Childcare will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
AIDS 2018 Childcare Services Terms and Conditions
Childcare service opening hours
|Monday, 23 July 2018
| Tuesday, 24 July 2018
|Wednesday, 25 July 2018
|Thursday, 26 July 2018
|Friday, 27 July 2018
During these opening hours, morning, lunch and/or afternoon slot(s) can be booked for the accompanying child as follows:
- Morning slot: 08:30-12:45
- Lunch slot: 12:45-14:15
- Afternoon slot: 14:15-18:30 (except on Friday, 14:15-17:30)
Equipment available in the childcare room
The childcare room is located in the conference venue (room K102). The room is child proofed and located near toilet facilities. Access is strictly restricted to caregivers, the accompanying children registered for the childcare service, and the parents/guardians of these children.
The sleeping area is equipped with cots for children up to five years old.
The play and activity area is equipped with toys and books for different age categories, a lounge/relaxation corner with big pillows and a TV with DVD player, play mats, baby rockers and a small table and stools for art and craft activities.
Other equipment available for the comfort of the children are high chairs, toilet seat reducers, bottle warmers, a changing table and nursing pillows.
The childcare service provided by Tante Marloes will include a variety of activities for children, appropriate for each age group.
Tante Marloes childcare services include a daily programme with arts and crafts, group games, music and movement, board games, story time and dramatic play.
Food and drinks
Food and snacks will not be provided as part of the childcare services. Parents/guardians can provide necessary food. The nannies will give the child only food and snacks provided by the parent/guardian.
A water dispenser will be available in the childcare area. If parents/guardians want to bring any other drink, they can provide the drink and the nannies will give it to the child.
Parents/guardians are required to have their own medical insurance which fully covers their child, including any medical or hospitalization expenses, repatriation in case of medical emergency, accident causing permanent disability or death.
The parents/guardians will be responsible for any damage caused by their children at all times.
The parents/guardians’ liability insurance shall include the coverage for all damages to personal belongings by their child’s own carelessness or negligence (for example, a child stumbles and shatters his or another child’s spectacles, or a child damages her own or another child’s clothes), loss of personal belongings and theft of belongings.
Except gross negligence or wilful misconduct, the International AIDS Society and Tante Marloes, the selected childcare provider, shall not be liable for any damage caused. The parent/guardian agrees to indemnify, defend and hold the International AIDS Society and Tante Marloes harmless from and against any and all liability, loss and expense (including attorney’s fees) or any claims arising out of or resulting from its activity and caused by their child.
How to book Childcare Services for your Accompanying Child(ren)
- Parents/guardians must have submitted the childcare booking form before the 6 July 2018. Childcare booking is not complete until receipt of a written confirmation email stating that the booking has been accepted. Confirmations are sent by email within 4 days of receipt of booking.
- Parents/guardians will receive a final email from the childcare provider beginning of July 2018, asking to reconfirm their child’s attendance at the childcare services. Parents/guardians must reply to this email within four days. No reply in due time will lead to the childcare booking being cancelled.
- In order to have access to the childcare service, the child must be registered as an “accompanying child” for the conference at the applicable registration fee and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions for delegates.
- In addition, the parent/guardian consent form must be completed for each accompanying child and submitted to the AIDS 2018 Registration Department.
- Children without an “accompanying children” registration and name badge will not be given access to the conference area, and will therefore not have access to the childcare room.
- It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to provide all important information related to the child (including allergies and health conditions) when submitting the childcare booking form, and to remind the caregiver on site when checking the child in at the childcare room.
- For children with special needs, the childcare service provider reserves the right to not accept the application, based on the capacity of the childcare services, on a case-by-case basis.
- The childcare services will not administer any prescription medicine to the children. Parents/guardians must return to the childcare facility to dispense any medicine to their child.
- For the health of other children in care, sick children will not be allowed into the childcare facility.
- Parents/guardians must label all clothes and toys brought to the childcare room with the child’s name. No valuable items can be left with the child in the childcare facility.
- Parents/guardians must provide a contact number where he/she can be reached at any time while the child is in the childcare room. Parents/guardians shall be available at any time to collect their child in the childcare room in case any problem occurs while their child is being cared for.
- Parents/guardians or persons authorized by the parents/guardians to check child(ren) in and out need to bring their passport or other ID.
For additional questions or inquiries, please contact [email protected].