Harm reduction services
The following onsite harm reduction services will be available to conference delegates:
Opioid Substitution Therapy (OST)
In case you need access to OST while in Amsterdam, please make sure to contact [email protected] as soon as possible.
Harm Reduction Networking Zone
At the conference, a Harm Reduction Networking Zone (HRNZ) is located in the Global Village and is accessible to the general public (delegates and non-delegates). The HRNZ is the key area for People Who Use Drugs or people who want to know more about it. Services that will be provided include:
- Information about medical services for people who use drugs
- Information and guidance from harm reduction experts
- The free provision of drug-use and injecting equipment
- Sharps containers for the safe disposal of equipment for drug use
- Information and advice about overdose prevention and care
- A range of publications on harm reduction in relation to safe drug use (overdose and infection prevention).
Doctor available for People Who Use Drugs
On the first floor of the Global Village, in Room L101 (next to the film screening area), a doctor will be available from Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 12:00 for medical services and information specifically for people who use drugs.